IMPACT makes arrest, recovers stolen vehicle
File # 2022-8054
An alleged suspect has been arrested by the Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team (IMPACT), following the theft of a vehicle in White Rock on May 11, 2022.
At approximately 2:40 pm on Wednesday, May 11, members of IMPACT located a mobile vehicle that was reported stolen earlier in the day. With the assistance of the Surrey North Crime Reduction Unit and RCMP Air 1, IMPACT members arrested 30-year old Charles Parrish in the 1300 block of George Street in White Rock.Parrish is currently facing the following charges:
- Theft over $5,000
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (Over $5,000)
- Flight from Police
- Dangerous Operation of Vehicle
- Possession of Break-in Instruments
He is currently in custody and is scheduled for court later this week. IMPACT is an integrated unit, currently made up of members from the RCMP, Vancouver Police, Delta Police, New Westminster Police, Transit Police and ICBC Special Investigations Unit.
IMPACT develops strategies to reduce auto crime in the Province of British Columbia through:
- targeting active, high-risk, repeat motor vehicle offenders
- programs that track stolen vehicles and discourage auto theft
- social media and education to increase public awareness of auto crime and prevention